Another quick post as I woke up feeling exhausted today—headache, nauseous, and all that jazz. So my thoughts are in disarray. I will try to think of more structured posts for later this week.
- When I turned on my CBFM today, it asked me for a stick. Um, given I wasn’t expecting it, I wasn’t able to provide one. Ah well. I know it’d still be low.
- Do you remember when you were in college, and you’d be in a class that you really, really wanted to take, and the professor seemed really, really cool, and you were really, really psyched, until that other student with the air of “I know everything and I’m going to prove it!” walked in the door? Yeah, there’s one of those people in my writing workshop. Listen, if you can’t follow the rules and BE QUIET while you’re critiqued, you need to take an intro class.
- I turned in my story to be critiqued and realized I’d messed up my decorative gourds. Damn it, but a minor correction that’ll be made. Who the hell knows what else people will find that’s messed up with that story? But speaking of decorative gourds, you MUST read this piece at McSweeney’s (and though it’s four years old, it’s still worthwhile).
- I like taking unpaid days off at this place. I know it confuses and alarms the hell out of my bosses because it lets them know that I’m not dependent on them. It’s also my way of telling them to not even think about calling me on those days. Though really, they should be grateful since I’m saving them money they probably need to pay other people who work here.
- Last but not least, my follow-up interview is this afternoon. (I KNOW!) Though things are moving quickly, I’m trying to steel myself again for the possibility of things slowing down after today. I want to remain positive, as I told the husband, but not place all my eggs in this basket (hence the job app I did yesterday and the one I’m going to try to work on today). Wish me luck.